Steve’s playbook starts with reading a book a day, thrives on pushing the limits and commits to winning every single time. And now, he has extended a special offer for SalesTuners listeners: Get a LIFETIME Membership for only $250! (regularly $1499) and you’ll get 10 free ANNUAL Memberships to give away to friends, colleagues, and clients (regularly $299 each).
A rule breaker might not make the best lawyer. At least that was the case for ReadItFor.me CEO Steve Cunningham (@stevecunningham), who spent just one week as a lawyer before deciding it wasn’t for him.
The decision to leave a profession he had invested time and money preparing for is one he refers to as a fortuitous (albeit expensive) mistake. A series of a few more fortunate accidents, all kinds of broken rules, and a few years later, his company is trusted by thousands of leaders in some of the world’s most respected companies.
Zappos.com, American Express and BMO (Bank of Montreal) are among the businesses served by ReadItFor.me, an online resource that offers its customers 12-minute text, audio and video files that summarize the best in business and professional development literature.
And it all happened by chance.
- Learn by Reading: If knowledge is power, books are the proverbial light switch. Professional development in sales begins deep within the pages of carefully penned thoughts and ideas of those who have gone before you. Respecting the insight from those who have been there in your shoes is one of the most valuable investments you can make in yourself, and ultimately in your business.
- Learn by Failing: This should be a mantra in any and every college course for future sales professionals. Because, guess what? In sales, you will fail. It’s inevitable. It’s going to happen. Understanding that out of the gate is not only a proactive psychological move, but it’s one that will help you put it all into perspective. Nothing is worthless, nothing is a true failure, if something can be learned from it.
- Learn by Doing: Sometimes it’s true what the great and powerful “they” say about best laid plans. They often go awry, and it’s how you handle the change in course that makes all the difference. When in doubt, just give it a try. Don’t be afraid. You might be surprised by the positive results.
- Learn by Breaking the Rules: In the day and age of social media marketing and content planning and sales quotas and all the things, just stop. Do something unconventional. Try something new. Push the limits and challenge the boundaries. You may end up accidentally stumbling across an exciting new path you didn’t even know was waiting for you all along.
- Instant Influence: How to Get Anyone to do Anything — Fast by Michael Pantelon
- Octiv – Transform the way your sales assets are created, distributed and tracked around the world. Because a better sales process is a better buying experience.