Meet Jill Rowley (@jill_rowley), “Information Concierge” and Social Selling Evangelist. How do you change the call > ignore // email > delete process in sales? That’s where Jill comes in. She works with organizations at a high level guiding them through digital transformations. The world has gone social, digital, and mobile and it’s time for sales to catch up.
Sales is changing because buying has changed. Buyers today are allergic to being sold. Business acumen, customer acumen, and sales acumen are now considered table stakes. To drive sales in today’s world, that’s where social selling comes in. At a minimum, you have to know your buyer at a persona base from all levels. However, the more personal you can make the approach, the better. The focus has gone from golf courses and steak dinner negotiations to meeting the customers where they are — online. Concentrate on being helpful in a way that solves their business problem while adding value.
The social selling generation goes beyond a transaction or exchange. There’s no room for an imposter. You have to care, and you have to have passion. If you suck offline, you’ll suck more online. So don’t suck. Jill’s focus on social selling is a focus on the buyer and helping others.
- Share: Even if what you share is unrelated to what you’re trying to sell, doing so allows you to show you care, which drives future opportunities.
- Focus on the Customer: Know the buyer from every angle at the company and personal level.
- Provide Value: Constantly consume and share content that will be relevant to your buyers.
- Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us by Seth Godin
- Octiv – Transform the way your sales assets are created, distributed and tracked around the world. Because a better sales process is a better buying experience.